Working at Bethel
Thank you for your interest in joining our remarkable team!
Part Time Nursing Supervisor
Under the supervision of the Administrator, this position is responsible for the overall operations of the health assessment, health monitoring and personal care programs of the facility. This includes the management of the nursing staff and the oversight of the provision of quality resident care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial assessment on prospective residents, including off-site visits. These may include, but not be limited to home visits, hospital visits and nursing home visits. The assessment should include input from pertinent health care providers, family and friends on an as needed basis.
- Performs quarterly and annual reassessments when the resident’s health condition warrants.
- Develops service plans for all residents based upon the resident assessments(s). The service plan should be designed to meet the personal care needs of the resident and to monitor significant health conditions, while also promoting resident independence and dignity.
- Communicates with resident’s physician(s), other pertinent health care providers and family as to the ongoing health status of the residents.
- Refers residents to appropriate medical care when needed. Conducts follow-up care as needed.
- Assigns the various personal care tasks contained in the resident’s service plans to the nursing staff on an ongoing basis.
- Monitors nursing staff through direct observation and resident outcome evaluations. Provides teaching, training and corrective action for staff, on and as needed basis.
- Coordinates and supervises the facility’s residents medication monitoring and set-up programs.
- Provides health promotion services, disease prevention counseling, and teaching self-care to residents on an as needed basis.
- Coordinates and oversees that portion of the written resident record that pertains to health assessment, health monitoring, service planning and personal care progress notes.
- Provides general and specific job orientation to all newly employed nursing staff.
- Conducts a comprehensive, ongoing in-service training program for the nursing staff, and specific in-service training for all staff as assigned by the Administrator.
- Ensures that all residents and staff participate in the facility’s tuberculosis screening program.
- Coordinates the facility’s overall infection control program.
- Participates in the facility’s Quality Improvement Program.
- Develops, monitors and updates a set of operating policies that provides direction for the health assessment, health monitoring and personal care programs and services.
- Recruits and employs qualified nursing staff. Conducts retention activities to ensure adequate levels of staff, and conducts performance evaluations of staff in accordance with facility policies.
The Nursing Supervisor shall be a Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of Illinois, and he/she must have had at least 3 years of experience in a geriatric care environment, with at least 1 of those years being served in a supervisory capacity. He/she must be able to perform each of the essential position functions and meet the facility’s health assessment requirements – including a two-step Mantoux skin test.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.