The health and well-being of our residents, partners and community are important to us as we serve some of the most vulnerable members of our community. Bethel New Life has taken preventative measures to do our part in minimizing the spread of COVID-19 and we are paying close attention to guidance from public health officials.
Bethel New Life will initiate the following measures and will update accordingly as any new details by local health departments and the CDC.
- We are protecting our Supportive Living Facility residents at Beth Anne Place by having them shelter in place. We have made the decision to only allow essential staff in the facility and are requiring those staff to have their temperatures taken before the start of each shift.
- As of March 9, 2020, we are now only allowing essential staff and care partners in our building. Examples include licensed home health care providers, and physician-ordered specialists such as PT or OT. Any of these individuals that enter our supportive living facility will be screened according to CDC guidelines and turned away if they meet any of the high-risk criteria.
- We have cancelled all group activities of 10 or more people.
- We have cancelled all events in Amberg Hall and the Chapel through April 19th to comply with local, state and federal guidelines.
Bethel New Life will remain open to serve our residents and we see this as a unique opportunity to strengthen the Bethel New Life community by remembering our values. Moments of crisis can easily give way to fear of the unknown, but our faith strengthens and sustains us. We are here to serve, support and assist our Community of Elders during these uncertain times.
Any updates, changes or cancellations made to any scheduled events will be communicated as follows:
- Follow-up calls to event contract holders
- Social Media (Facebook and Instagram)
- Website posts
We encourage you to check our website for further updates regarding ongoing details about our response to this public health crisis.