Bethel New Life works for changes that will make it possible for entire communities to achieve economic self-sufficiency. Our understanding of the struggles of low-income communities, our community-based research, and our knowledge of best practices make us a powerful advocate for public policy and legislative initiatives to create greater impact and more investment in communities of concentrated poverty. Bethel’s advocacy efforts align with our investments in systems and policy changes in economic development and education.
Past efforts include:
• Impact of West Side School Closings
• Chicago State Anchor Institution
• Strengthening West Side Manufacturing
• Building the Community Capacity to Absorb Investment Capital
• Workforce Development and 21st Century Jobs